City Recorder / CMFO

Loretta Bell


Permits, Taxes, Etc.


Yard Sale Permits

A permit is required to have a yard sale inside the city limits of Moscow. Citizens are permitted to have 2 yard sales per year. Permits must be filled out at City Hall and a fee of $10.00 must be paid before sale can begin. The permit covers a 2 day yard sale.


Building Permits

Building permits are required for construction or demolition within the city limits of Moscow, TN and must be filled out at City Hall.  If you are uncertain whether a permit is required for your anticipated project, please contact Moscow City Hall before you begin. Examples of projects that would require a permit are: 

Placement of a Storage Building --- $50.00 permit 

Building a Fence --- $50.00 permit 

Swimming Pool --minimum of $50

Town Planner: Christopher Pate


Property Taxes

Cash, Check or Money Order payments can be paid inside City Hall or placed in the locked drop box outdoors.  Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover are accepted for payments online or by phone. Online payments can be made at   Payments can be mailed to: 14075 Highway 57 Moscow, TN 38057.  You must have your receipt number located in the top middle section of your bill to make online payments.

Meeting Information


Mayor and Board of Alderpersons

Meetings are monthly and are held on the second Monday of the month at 6:00pm.  Please refer to the calendar of events on our homepage.

Planning Commission Meetings

Meetings are held quarterly on the first Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm.  Please refer to the calendar of events on our homepage.